Friday, May 9, 2014

A Pleasant Experience!

When I arrived at the park located just under the Ravenel bridge, I was hit with this wonderful smell.  A mix of jasmine and pluff mud creates an unusual salty sweet aroma. The sounds of birds surround me as I make my way out to the fishing pier.

I pass a lovely cafe and gift shop on my right. Just ahead there are several men setting up for a morning of fishing and relaxation. I began talking to a couple of them and quickly realized why Charleston is known as the friendliest city. They were part of a group of military veterans who meet at the pier on a regular basis. Eager to share their stories, they made me feel welcome.

The park at the Mt. Pleasant pier is a beautiful addition to the Charleston area. With a visitor center, cafe, gift shop and much more, it is definitely a place to put on your itinerary. Visiting the pier is always a wonderful experience. 







No comments:

Post a Comment